1. F1 2017 Signups are still open for all drivers as reserve spots are available. Click here for Xbox One and here for PS4 to sign up for the upcoming season and begin racing in social races!
Dismiss Notice
F1 2017 Signups are now open for all drivers of all abilities. Click here to sign up for the xbox one F1 2017 leagues!

XRL Live - Initial Plans

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dan Fisk, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Dan Fisk

Dan Fisk Bernie and Ferrari Team Principal Staff Member Owner of XRL

[​IMG]

We are pleased to announce a new service for our online streaming called XRL Live! This will be building on what makes us different from other leagues. XRL were the first league to get on the live streaming bandwagon and we look to build on this with new features and content.

We will be closing all of our old twitch channels soon. This will be after the Spanish GP week so after 19th October and we will be opening some new channels to give our PS4 side a chance to stream with no hassle. Please follow the following channels before the start of the Monaco raceweek so you don’t miss out!

XRLF1LIVE
    XRLPS4LIVE
    XRLMotorsportLIVE

*If you have any other suggestions guys please let me know. These channels will be live later this week.

The PS4 channel will obviously show only PS4 races with F1 being for all the F1 league racing. The motorsport channel will be for any project cars/iracing leagues as well as a second channel for either the PS4 or F1 side of racing. This should hopefully avoid confusion.

Our commentary crews have now been selected for the upcoming seasons on F1 and can be seen below.

F1 - Wes and Chris RESERVE: XRL Button
    GP2 - Chris and LGS - RESERVE: LGS
    GP3 - Wes and Matty (K77 Matt) - RESERVE: Purehamilton
    F4 - Purehamilton and XRL Button - RESERVE: Wes

What's different between XRL LIVE and the current streaming Service?

You are asking well what is different. This is the more exciting part. I have agreed to lift restrictions on streaming so more of the community can stream while they race, providing viewers with different POV’s via a multiscreen option on our website under the streams section. If you meet the required criteria for streaming and you are interested please submit your channel in this thread and we can add it to our site and link it in, enabling viewers to view your races in an easier way than ever before.

The criteria is as follows;
    • 20mb Download
    • Around 10mb upload
    • Under 20 ping ideally.
    Classic XRL Races
    On top of this we will be showing classic F1 races from the past 10 seasons of racing. Threads will show this on a weekly basis and integration with youtube will mean we can also show this on the right hand side of the forum and homepages.

I hope you like these initial plans and if you have any others please let me know as this will only benefit the league you are a part of!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  2. sswishbone

sswishbone F1 2016 PS4 League Co-ordinator

We need to make a public Facebook group, that is an aspect that a lot of streamers have been using to build audiences

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dan Fisk

Any other suggestions on plans lads. Ideas on logo or channel names or content.

4. The Game IX

The Game IX Member

What about highlights of each team like an overtake montage of a particular team or driver champion that season or a season montage of all the overtakes in each gp

5. Dan Fisk

It sounds good mate. We did do overtakes of the week in the past but the issue is finding the people who can do it and have access to programs like Sony Vegas. Would @Smifficle be interested?

6. The Game IX

The Game IX Member

I'm just thinking that maybe that would be a great way to advertise the league in some respect

7. Smifficle

Smifficle Active Member

8. Dan Fisk

XRL Live League logo version 1. Please give honest feedback guys!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. iTz RustyHD

iTz RustyHD New Member

not sure about the wifi sign and 2 white bits maybe tone down to a softer blue? overall looks good

10. sswishbone

Not sure on the font, it looks a bit grainy with the two different colours

11. Dan Fisk

How about this one?

[​IMG]

12. FATPENGUIN96

FATPENGUIN96 Active Member Project Cars Admin

@Dan Fisk That looks a lot better, in my opinion, love the car and the rev meter/ wheel. But if at all possible, reducing the white dots around the 'v' & 'e' letters in "Live" would increase the quality. The white line on the left could be made into a rear spoiler with the rear spoiler support being in the same blue as the car.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  13. Dan Fisk

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  14. sswishbone

prefer the first car

15. Dan Fisk

@sswishbone the image I posted this morning is updated. What do you think.

16. Im an eagle69

Im an eagle69 Member

maybe there could be a 'grid walk' esc thing before the race, this could give a little bit of insight into possible strategy choices and mentality of the drivers that don't make the podium. @Dan Fisk

• Like Like x 1
  17. sswishbone

both are fine to my eyes

18. FATPENGUIN96

FATPENGUIN96 Active Member Project Cars Admin

The only issue is timing. Do the drivers have enough time or are willing to join the streamers party, have a chat and then leave the party before the race starts.

19. Dan Fisk

I think a pre race chat before quali maybe better as the drivers have 18 minutes to get out onto the track and set a time. Anyone who needs a youtube or twitch channel integrated let me know and we can see if you are able to stream during your races.

20. samsterbrfc

samsterbrfc Project Cars GT3 Co-ordinator Staff Member Project Cars Admin

I might try stream my view on Monday. I can screenshot my up and down speed when I finish uni